WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
ivkoni
Play BC2 on Linux?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Is it possible to play BC2 and other games on Linux. I'm curently with ubuntu 12.04, and the only thing that stops me to delete my Windows is that i can't play games on Linux. I've heard there is a way to run windows programs (*.exe) on Linux with some kind of a software for linux. Any tips, links, names would be awsome thanks.
TwitchTV: Wat4that

ivkoni

Re: Play BC2 on Linux?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Found the program. Please delete the topic.

RobbingHood

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:19 pm

You probably mean Wine? Well, I've never used it, but afaik the performance is pretty poor, not enough to run games on it.

But you can try it, and please post the result here.

ivkoni

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Well.. i did try it. The result was, the game starts in gray window and that is all. Nothing else happened. I found that you actually can play it but really laggy and with some glitches like running into/under the map. I also installed PlayOnLinux dunno if it's another program for like a plugin for Wine. I'm noob with Linux, and still learning

P.S. Today I deleted all my important files on Linux with autoremove command and when it said removed unix I was like ROFL :D

Return to “General Discussion”