WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
bleedingheart
I can't use dinput8.dll,please help

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:12 am

My system is WIN8 professional 64bit,and I have already updated my game to the latest version,plus I have also installed pb,VC++ 2013,and framework 4.5.This is weird cuz ONCE I PUT DINPUT8.DLL INTO MY BC2 DOCUMENTS,I CAN'T ACTIVATE THE GAME.There is not any prompt when I click BCB2GAME.EXE.However,when I delete the file dinput8.dll,my game can operate normally.
PS:there is nothing wrong with my firewall options.
What can I do?Please help!THX!

MacTaggart

Re: I can't use dinput8.dll,please help

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:00 am

bleedingheart wrote:I PUT DINPUT8.DLL INTO MY BC2 DOCUMENTS

... did you actually put it into the folder where the executable resides, or did you put it into the BFBC2 documents folder?

MAGIC

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:02 am

Either it's Windows 8 (but I doubt it is) or you are using some 'special' gameversion. Where did you download the game? Like did you buy it or used some noSTEAM or 'something like that versions'?
Note that you aren't allowed to post links to the download page, if you didn't buy the game. Also only legit gameversion are supported in the forums afaik

Sammuel

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:04 am

MAGIC wrote:Either it's Windows 8 (but I doubt it is) or you are using some 'special' gameversion. Where did you download the game? Like did you buy it or used some noSTEAM or 'something like that versions'?
Note that you aren't allowed to post links to the download page, if you didn't buy the game. Also only legit gameversion are supported in the forums afaik

I can verify it works on Win8 & Win 8.1 tested on all distributions (pro, home etc...)

bleedingheart wrote:My system is WIN8 professional 64bit,and I have already updated my game to the latest version,plus I have also installed pb,VC++ 2013,and framework 4.5.This is weird cuz ONCE I PUT DINPUT8.DLL INTO MY BC2 DOCUMENTS,I CAN'T ACTIVATE THE GAME.There is not any prompt when I click BCB2GAME.EXE.However,when I delete the file dinput8.dll,my game can operate normally.

So the game does not operate with the. dll present in the game directory?

Could you upload a screenshot of your game directory?
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

bleedingheart

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:45 am

MacTaggart wrote:
bleedingheart wrote:I PUT DINPUT8.DLL INTO MY BC2 DOCUMENTS

... did you actually put it into the folder where the executable resides, or did you put it into the BFBC2 documents folder?

In the right place,without doubt!

bleedingheart

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 am

Sammuel wrote:
MAGIC wrote:Either it's Windows 8 (but I doubt it is) or you are using some 'special' gameversion. Where did you download the game? Like did you buy it or used some noSTEAM or 'something like that versions'?

I can verify it works on Win8 & Win 8.1 tested on all distributions (pro, home etc...)

bleedingheart wrote:My system is WIN8 professional 64bit,and I have already updated my game to the latest version,plus I have also installed pb,VC++ 2013,and framework 4.5.This is weird cuz ONCE I PUT DINPUT8.DLL INTO MY BC2 DOCUMENTS,I CAN'T ACTIVATE THE GAME.There is not any prompt when I click BCB2GAME.EXE.However,when I delete the file dinput8.dll,my game can operate normally.

So the game does not operate with the. dll present in the game directory?

Could you upload a screenshot of your game directory?
Attachments
directory.png
The screenshot.dinput8.dll deleted.
directory.png (66.41KiB)Viewed 10054 times

bleedingheart

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:03 am

Just some so-called complete version...I don't know...but they told me it just works...the Battlefield Bad Company 2 document is 8.36 GB

Sammuel

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:10 am

bleedingheart wrote:

Just some so-called complete version...I don't know...but they told me it just works...the Bettlefold Bed Companion 2 document is 8.36 GB

If its not Retail then i suggest you tell us instead of beating around the bush.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

MacTaggart

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:47 am

bleedingheart wrote:

Just some so-called complete version...I don't know...but they told me it just works...the Bettlefold Bed Companion 2 document is 8.36 GB

Emulator Nexus doesn't support pirated copies of the game.

mizudg

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:12 am

On a side-note, I didn't even see a dinput8 in the screenshots he posted.. so, my question is, how do you expect it to work in the first place? And also, Samuel, MacTaggart, one of the folders is '3dm' which I can verify is something like Reloaded and Skidrow. So yeah... the truth was in front of you since he posted the screens

Return to “General Discussion”