WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
blueman24
Re: Questions..

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:52 am

Sammuel wrote:
I assume perhaps they had some conflicting code and at the time seeing how there was 2 methods of verifying your ownership they decided too get rid of one, BF3 is a completely different can of beans as i recall they use 3 methods; Battlelog w/BF3, Origami account w/BF3, & BF3 license files stored @ "MainHDD:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License" & are named named either '71067.dlf or 70619 or 71069.dlf'.

We can only assume because they wanted to prevent pirated copy's of the game from being produced & emulators to be made easily -- if at all. :)

As Venice does not access your Origami account* as far as i can see it must use those license files for Game ownership verification; however i may be compleaty wrong in my theory.

*Nofate verified that in some post that got trashed/locked i believe.

So there are 3 method for licence check in bf3. The battlelog and origin should have nothing to do with nexus. And then there's the third one - the licence file, What if people copy-paste it? :roll:

Sammuel

Re: Questions..

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:41 am

blueman24 wrote:
Sammuel wrote:
I assume perhaps they had some conflicting code and at the time seeing how there was 2 methods of verifying your ownership they decided too get rid of one, BF3 is a completely different can of beans as i recall they use 3 methods; Battlelog w/BF3, Origami account w/BF3, & BF3 license files stored @ "MainHDD:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License" & are named named either '71067.dlf or 70619 or 71069.dlf'.

We can only assume because they wanted to prevent pirated copy's of the game from being produced & emulators to be made easily -- if at all. :)

As Venice does not access your Origami account* as far as i can see it must use those license files for Game ownership verification; however i may be compleaty wrong in my theory.

*Nofate verified that in some post that got trashed/locked i believe.

So there are 3 method for licence check in bf3. The battlelog and Origami should have nothing to do with nexus. And then there's the third one - the licence file, What if people copy-paste it? :roll:

if you read the fine print i said i could be wrong; however in the event that i am correct i recall reading somewhere that the license files are unique per PC & have to be generated by origami to be legitimate, however if that is true or not is anyone's guess.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

Return to “General Discussion”