WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
1st EmuNexus Community Event is Over! Summary Time now!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Cheers, to a successful 1st Community Event. We had a lot of players today, most of which came on the Laguna Presa Large and Isla, though that is because people need to learn to look at the chat and forums when they are both saying "DOWNLOAD THE COMMUNITY MAP PACK TO FIX YOUR CRASHING, NEXT MAP REQUIRES IT". Anyway, hopefully we will have another such event in the near future and we may add some rules to make it more interesting. If you are interested in Hosting the event on your "official Nexus" server, then leave a reply or contact me, by all means, do whatever you want ;)

With a constant 5v5 / 6v6 on the Community Maps and a full server a couple of times, I declare this event a success.

The following Staff members were in as well:

NoFaTe
RobbingHood
Svet

OLD: (Next Event may still require the Map Pack so download it!)

As the vote has decided it, the event will be this Saturday on the 15th between 4:00-8:00 PM all in GMT (Set your own country to see yours). The Mods we will use will feature only maps for now as this is just a test event and the airplanes aren't in a fully working condition. Courtesy of Rodney and BadBauBau to provide us with enough to work with though as we will have a lot of good maps and gamemode combinations (even Vietnam Night maps!). Hopefully you'll enjoy playing on the server as much as I had fun setting up the event and Mouz had fun setting up the server (he did most of the hard work obviously) so do the fellows at RepZ EU A favor and check out their site. A big thank you for being the 1st Community Event Hosts.

DOWNLOAD THIS TO PLAY ON THE SERVER THIS SATURDAY:
Community Event №1

On a side-note, if the Event is popular among the Community and you enjoy gathering up with others like so on specific days/times, then be sure to show it as we might get an Events section seeing how we had 3 people willing to host it this time and some are even thinking of keeping it in general after the event is finished.
Last edited by mizudg on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 21 times in total.

mizudg

Re: Let's have a "Community Game time"

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 pm

I marked the most acceptable time for me - 8:00-12:00 in any of the listed days but if I am not present and there is interest, feel free to start it off. This is a Community event, not one hosted by a specific person. I am just handing the idea out there. It'd be nice if you guys could also comment on what you picked so we can distinguish every option marked.

RobbingHood

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Our Mumble server (mumble.emulatornexus.com) could be used for this event.

I chose 4-8PM btw, because I don't want to wake others up.

utopiate

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:32 pm

I'm quite happy to put up a server to host the event. Server would be hosted on a VDS in Frankfurt. Let me know ;)

mouz

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:44 pm

If you guys want we could host a fun tournament, if of course, there are enough players for it. If not we could all go on one server and have a blast.

mizudg

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Seeing how RepZ is one of the most played servers on the Nexus serverlist, it's an honor to have such an idea proposed by you ;)

If the RepZ forums are active in terms of following news, you can share this with them too so we can get the amount of people we need. Also, to the rest about to vote on this.. do leave a reply so we can see who we should be opening our eyes for to specify details at a later point. You can do that OR hit either me or RobbingHood on the IRC so we can start a discussion and better accommodate the needs of everyone. 8-)

SylarTL

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:18 pm

We will share but i am not sure a lot of people have Rome,sadly. CoD is their only thing in life :|
Anyway,i voted for 4:00-8:00 PM Saturday 15th

MAGIC

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Can host a server aswell

mizudg

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:28 pm

MAGIC wrote:Can host a server aswell

No offense but I'd take the RepZ EU hosting if possible. Their servers are well-known for being top-notch will most likely provide the perfect ping balance all across Europe

Sammuel

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:34 pm

mizudg wrote:
MAGIC wrote:Can host a server aswell

No offense but I'd take the RepZ EU hosting if possible. Their servers are well-known for being top-notch will most likely provide the perfect ping balance all across Europe

Not to bad in Canada btw ;)

but yah, sounds like a fun idea 10/10 would play if it got arranged successfully also what time zone is the above in?
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

Return to “General Discussion”