WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TheSergeantArc
Re: 1st EmuNexus Community Event is Here! Saturday 4-8PM GMT

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:22 pm

That was a nice event. Mizu how about some competitive matches?

mizudg

Re: 1st EmuNexus Community Event is Here! Saturday 4-8PM GMT

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:01 pm

TheSergeantArc wrote:That was a nice event. Mizu how about some competitive matches?

Well, first of all, the reason why we didn't get as many players on the DLC maps is because... well, they weren't smart enough to read the countless warnings of the next map requiring it. Other than that, we had a ton of fun, yes. Competitive matches can also be arranged but then it won't really be a competitive event as much as a competition which will have to limit the playercount and add rules for it. I am okay with having a competitive match from time to time, if possible even use the UAV to spectate and record it, however, it shouldn't be a Community event. I think that for the next Community event we need to either use no DLC maps or better warn everyone (as if it wasn't enlarged and in bold on this topic but whatever). Here's to a successful event, to which 2 of the moderators of this forum came and NoFaTe himself. We'll think up something about the next one ;)

SylarTL

Re: 1st EmuNexus Community Event is Over! Summary Time now!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:31 pm

We definitely need more of these in the future :)

himapapa

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:49 pm

I totally agree. The event was a success, even if many players were too smart to read... ;) Personal success anyway, as I got to know some of you guys better. :)

I would love to see competitive matches! This would be a really great step for the nexus community imho.

And, of course many thanks to mizudg for having the idea and making all that happen. Not to forget mouz and the Repz-team for setting up the server.

Anyway, if we continue with more events and/or competitive matches, DU4 would be glad to support! :D

Kerrigan

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:09 pm

Oh damn i missed that event.
Well i was busy with my family ;) Priority for me ^^

Sammuel

Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:19 am

Kerrigan wrote:Oh damn i missed that event.
Well i was busy with my family ;) Priority for me ^^

That.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

TheSergeantArc

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 am

So, for competitive matches we need some 5 player clans, Uav specator (with disabled hud) and the private server. I think competitive match should be layed on hardcore and how about to make it in cod4 promod style? Only ak47 or aek71, ak74, m1911, sv98 and m40.

himapapa

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:41 am

TheSergeantArc wrote:So, for competitive matches we need some 5 player clans and the private server and I :D think competitive match should be layed on hardcore and how about to make it in cod4 promod style? Only ak47 or aek71, ak74, m1911, sv98 and m40.

Imho there's no need to restrict weapons at competitive matches. All should be allowed. If we play hardcore, maps and gametypes could be discussed when participating clans/players are known.

To respond to your other points:

1. Clan: DU4 is ready to take part - (4/5)
2. Private server: DU4 can provide it (1/1)
3. Teamspeak: DU4 can provide it (1/1)

:D

TheSergeantArc

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:50 am

himapapa wrote:
TheSergeantArc wrote:So, for competitive matches we need some 5 player clans and the private server and I :D think competitive match should be layed on hardcore and how about to make it in cod4 promod style? Only ak47 or aek71, ak74, m1911, sv98 and m40.

Imho there's no need to restrict weapons at competitive matches. All should be allowed. If we play hardcore, maps and gametypes could be discussed when participating clans/players are known.

To respond to your other points:

1. Clan: DU4 is ready to take part - (4/5)
2. Private server: DU4 can provide it (1/1)
3. Teamspeak: DU4 can provide it (1/1)

:D

Nice, so how about to make clan right now?

himapapa

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:56 am

TheSergeantArc wrote:Nice, so how about to make clan right now?

Well, I think we are in need of some more clans right now. With only one clan (DU4) participating the competition may be a litlle one-sided... ;)

Return to “General Discussion”