WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
MAGIC
Re: Competitive Matches

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Maybe I would join the party aswell

mizudg

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:03 pm

TheSergeantArc wrote:
mizudg wrote:What you can do is get your friends on this idea as well. I don't think that posting this on Regional forums is considered spam. That's like an announcement on how to Host your server on Nexus being translated into regional forums being called a Spam. It's making it easier for everyone. In any case, you can advertise this on your own forums, and I encourage all other server providers on nexus (Such as RepZ) to do the same and direct this idea into a reality if there's interest.

Ok. Will you play in competitive matches?

Only if they are Saturday/Sunday-based. The rest of the week I have a lot to do, seeing as how I am in the hardest part of studying architecture. I have nothing against spectating and even recording the game with the UAV trick, though someone needs to figure out how to add it to every map so we can accomplish this.
Also, what sort of team number are we talking about here? I find 4v4 to be very competitive in SqRush and 8v8 to be good enough for competitive normal Rush. Conquest should be a Team V Team in my opinion since it takes far too long, and SqDM is also a possibility. Again, it's up to the players to decide on what to do. And if I do in fact participate in the Competitive matches, it will most likely be what RobbingHood said above, on the EN Staff side.

TheSergeantArc

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:06 pm

mizudg wrote:
TheSergeantArc wrote:
mizudg wrote:What you can do is get your friends on this idea as well. I don't think that posting this on Regional forums is considered spam. That's like an announcement on how to Host your server on Nexus being translated into regional forums being called a Spam. It's making it easier for everyone. In any case, you can advertise this on your own forums, and I encourage all other server providers on nexus (Such as RepZ) to do the same and direct this idea into a reality if there's interest.

Ok. Will you play in competitive matches?

Only if they are Saturday/Sunday-based. The rest of the week I have a lot to do, seeing as how I am in the hardest part of studying architecture. I have nothing against spectating and even recording the game with the UAV trick, though someone needs to figure out how to add it to every map so we can accomplish this.
Also, what sort of team number are we talking about here? I find 4v4 to be very competitive in SqRush and 8v8 to be good enough for competitive normal Rush. Conquest should be a Team V Team in my opinion since it takes far too long, and SqDM is also a possibility. Again, it's up to the players to decide on what to do. And if I do in fact participate in the Competitive matches, it will most likely be what RobbingHood said above, on the EN Staff side.

I think we should make conquest 5v5 on small maps like Laguna Alta.

himapapa

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:14 pm

MAGIC wrote:Maybe I would join the party aswell

You will be very welcome! :)

mizudg wrote: Only if they are Saturday/Sunday-based. The rest of the week I have a lot to do, seeing as how I am in the hardest part of studying architecture. I have nothing against spectating and even recording the game with the UAV trick, though someone needs to figure out how to add it to every map so we can accomplish this.

Nothing compared to studying civil-engineering years ago! ;)

TheSergeantArc wrote:I think we should make conquest 5v5 on small maps like Laguna Alta.

Lets discuss the details when we know how many clans with how many players will join. :)

TheSergeantArc

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:26 pm

himapapa wrote:
TheSergeantArc wrote:I think we should make conquest 5v5 on small maps like Laguna Alta.

Lets discuss the details when we know how many clans with how many players will join. :)

Game Mode: Conquest or Squad Rush; Maps: Laguna Alta and Other small maps; Kits and Weapons: Let's disable the medic kit and attachments for weapons, so it will be harder to play.

himapapa

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:30 pm

TheSergeantArc wrote:Game Mode: Conquest or Squad Rush; Maps: Laguna Alta and Other small maps; Kits and Weapons: Let's disable the medic kit and attachments for weapons, so it will be harder to play.

I got your point of view. Let's see what the others have to say. :)

mizudg

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:39 pm

himapapa wrote:
TheSergeantArc wrote:Game Mode: Conquest or Squad Rush; Maps: Laguna Alta and Other small maps; Kits and Weapons: Let's disable the medic kit and attachments for weapons, so it will be harder to play.

I got your point of view. Let's see what the others have to say. :)

I say someone, who is capable of doing it, just make a 1-flag map with 50 tickets for example. It's possible, adding, moving or overall stripping flags off the map has been shown in the past by both Rodney and BauBau. What's left is to find someone who wants to do it for the event :lol: Conquest 5v5, regardless of which map, if with 3 or 4 flags will be too much. Not to even mention squad management if it's a 5v5. Should be either 4v4 or 8v8 as a 5v5 would result in 4:1 or 3:2 squad members ratio.

mouz

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Although I'd love to be a part of this, RepZ doesn't have a competitive team since there were no teams to compete with at the first place. My semester is starting in 2 days so I really don't have time for this right now. If this turns out to be a big success RepZ will start recruiting players for bc2 (full team + captain). Expect us to recruit for Venice as soon it comes out (since it supports spectators) we could host tournaments for it and maybe even have it broadcasted live.

mizudg

Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:56 pm

mouz wrote:Although I'd love to be a part of this, RepZ doesn't have a competitive team since there were no teams to compete with at the first place. My semester is starting in 2 days so I really don't have time for this right now. If this turns out to be a big success RepZ will start recruiting players for bc2 (full team + captain). Expect us to recruit for Venice as soon it comes out (since it supports spectators) we could host tournaments for it and maybe even have it broadcasted live.

The intention isn't to play competitive as in a prize-winning way. It's to set a variety of rules and duke it out for an hour or so. If you think the EN Staff members are anywhere near competitive, you are thinking of the wrong people :lol: (excepet when it's Counter-Strike GO... then NF gets super competitive)

mouz

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:06 pm

mizudg wrote:The intention isn't to play competitive as in a prize-winning way. It's to set a variety of rules and duke it out for an hour or so. If you think the EN Staff members are anywhere near competitive, you are thinking of the wrong people :lol: (excepet when it's Counter-Strike GO... then NF gets super competitive)

The problem isn't that we don't have competitive players, the problem is that we have no players at all ;)

Return to “General Discussion”