WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Re: Competitive Matches

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:38 pm

himapapa wrote:
blackhawkfalled wrote:Can we Chinese CLAN Tieba & Shark take part in the event? If you have further information, can you PM me ? :D

Just tell how many playerx of your clan you would join the matches. When all preparations are done, you and all participating clans will be informed. :)

The ping might be an issue though..

himapapa

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:54 pm

mizudg wrote:The ping might be an issue though..

@blackhawkfalled: mizudg is right. I suggest you join one of possible servers (search in server browser for "DU4" or "RepZ") and test if you have a playable ping as soon as the master server is up again.

blackhawkfalled

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:51 pm

himapapa wrote:
mizudg wrote:The ping might be an issue though..

@blackhawkfalled: mizudg is right. I suggest you join one of possible servers (search in server browser for "DU4" or "RepZ") and test if you have a playable ping as soon as the master server is up again.

The Ping is very high. about 350 for me, even my ISP is Shanghai Telecom, which means I probably have the lowest ping to the RepZ server in China....

DU4? much higher...
for the players..urgh, it depends on the match's time. We can't play at 3:00a.m in G.M.T +8 zone..(19:00 in England)
we have about 12 players for TIEBA community at night,(of course in GMT+8 time.)and more in weekend.
For the SHARK CLAN, they probably have 8 players. I'm not sure, I will ask them later.

blackhawkfalled

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:01 pm

and.... Sometimes I dont think I will check out the forum regularly, so you can post me the Email:[email protected]
thanks!

mizudg

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:45 pm

blackhawkfalled wrote:and.... Sometimes I dont think I will check out the forum regularly, so you can post me the Email:[email protected]
thanks!

With 350 ping, I am afraid I don't see a way for a fair fight between us. The EU team is obviously going to dominate you due to 3.5 seconds advantage. If it was 100-150, then sure, but 350 should be absolutely unplayable imo.

himapapa

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:16 pm

blackhawkfalled wrote:The Ping is very high. about 350 for me, even my ISP is Shanghai Telecom, which means I probably have the lowest ping to the RepZ server in China....

With a delay of 350 msec you would be easy victims for all the other players, even if you are used to play with this high ping. Due to this unfairness I would not suggest to take part.

blueman24

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:41 am

himapapa wrote:
blackhawkfalled wrote:The Ping is very high. about 350 for me, even my ISP is Shanghai Telecom, which means I probably have the lowest ping to the RepZ server in China....

With a delay of 350 msec you would be easy victims for all the other players, even if you are used to play with this high ping. Due to this unfairness I would not suggest to take part.

I get nearly 300 ping on repz servers and I can play smoothly! I can even top the scoreboard if I really decide to play seriously.

MAGIC

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 am

Note: Ingame ping != Serverlist ping

himapapa

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:04 am

MAGIC wrote:Note: Ingame ping != Serverlist ping

Yes, thx MAGIC. When I am talking about a high (unplayable) ping I mean the serverlist ping.

blueman24 wrote:I get nearly 300 ping on repz servers and I can play smoothly! I can even top the scoreboard if I really decide to play seriously.

300 in-game-ping? That would be quite a challenge. 300 serverlist ping? No way to play at all. You may top the scoreboard if all other players suffer from such a high ping, too. In that case hitting would be more kind of luck rather than skill.

blueman24

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:51 pm

himapapa wrote:300 in-game-ping? That would be quite a challenge. 300 serverlist ping? No way to play at all. You may top the scoreboard if all other players suffer from such a high ping, too. In that case hitting would be more kind of luck rather than skill.

Yeah, I am talking of In game ping. It is not 300, to be exact, it is 260. Server list ping is a joke. Sometimes it shows 100 pings and the other times, it is 200/400/999, for the same server. :lol:
I do lag/teleport Sometimes. But I just leave the server and try a different one. Also, to see the difference between the movement of the player with high ping and low ping, I myself hosted a server and joined it with 1 ms ping. I tried to see differences(like time taken to break a door after you press the middle mouse button), but it was nearly same.
And no, it's not always luck. Instead, the player with high pings should be at a disadvantage, as he would see everything 1 or 2 seconds late and he can get killed during that extra time.

Return to “General Discussion”