WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.

Will you be present on the 8th 4:00-8:00PM GMT?

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 26
mizudg
Re: 2nd EmuNexus Community Event Announcement!

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:57 pm

blueman24 wrote:So, I have downloaded the Map pack files and when i try to extract the map pack files in my bfbc2 directory(program files x86/ea/bfbc2), Win RAR shows access is denied error. Here is a screenshot-
http://i.imgsnap.tk/view.php?a=e9d1cbc6cd33f62ca747c129abbbdb4f&i=18934e.png (right click-open image in a new tab will make it clear)
What should i do? Help will be much appreciated!

It might be the antivirus or just you not having permissions. In either way, running the rar as admin or making the whole folder's security available to users should fix it.

blueman24

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:30 pm

mouz wrote:Right click, run as admin

It's not a executable (exe) file to run as admin.
mizudg wrote:It might be the antivirus or just you not having permissions. In either way, running the rar as admin or making the whole folder's security available to users should fix it.

-I do not use any antivirus (beside the built in Windows Defender).
-I am logged in as my administrator account.
-How to run a RAR as admin? Is it right click/properties/security/giving all permissions?
-Also, how to make whole folders security available to users?
Sorry for being soo dumb :)

mizudg

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:41 pm

blueman, just give yourself permissions from the security section. If nothing else works, I don't know. I also use the Windows Defender and I didn't have any problems extracting it when I downloaded it, so I don't see why you are having issues.

blueman24

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 pm

It worked. Just extracted the RAR to desktop and copied the contents to the bfbc2 directory.
Checked out lost city and OMG OMG OMG!!
That's a great close quarters map.Just one thing - there's nothing on the mini map. A special minimap should be developed
(although it will be pain in the @ss for badbaubau)
Anyways, thanks for the help!
Last edited by blueman24 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

int3nse_nfs

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:14 am

So guys , Can we play EA servers after applying this community pack ( Extracting it in bfbc2 directory ) with Nexus/Ea switcher ?
Thanks.
Here is my blog!

Http://www.techindie.com

mizudg

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:45 am

int3nse_nfs wrote:So guys , Can we play EA servers after applying this community pack ( Extracting it in bfbc2 directory ) with Nexus/Ea switcher ?
Thanks.

EA and Nexus' servers aren't that much different, really. But yeah, I could play just fine on any server after I extracted it. It's new maps really, which you won't see if you don't have this, so it doesn't change or override anything, really.

int3nse_nfs

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Is there any way to change server in DU4 community map by me (player) ? Because I want to try Lost city map but the map presently running on the server is Arica harbor night
Here is my blog!

Http://www.techindie.com

mizudg

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 pm

int3nse_nfs wrote:Thanks :D
Is there any way to change server in DU4 community map by me (player) ? Because I want to try Lost city map but the map presently running on the server is Arica harbor night

Unless you go on their TeamSpeak or manage to talk to someone in real time, I don't think you can do that.

himapapa

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:27 pm

mizudg wrote:Unless you go on their TeamSpeak or manage to talk to someone in real time, I don't think you can do that.

Mizudg is right. Best ways are to get into TS3 or to look at the gametracker stats at http://www.du4-gaming.de. Server prepared is the 5th in the list (N5), you will recognize it for sure.

There you can check if someone of us is online at the N5-server.

I met blueman yesterday randomly on the N5-server and we had a blast exploring all kind of maps.

mizudg

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 pm

himapapa wrote:
mizudg wrote:Unless you go on their TeamSpeak or manage to talk to someone in real time, I don't think you can do that.

Mizudg is right. Best ways are to get into TS3 or to look at the gametracker stats at http://www.du4-gaming.de. Server prepared is the 5th in the list (N5), you will recognize it for sure.

There you can check if someone of us is online at the N5-server.

I met blueman yesterday randomly on the N5-server and we had a blast exploring all kind of maps.

On a side-note, I think you shouldn't make the whole site German or at least have an English explanation or English section with the same topics from the German, just translated.

Return to “General Discussion”