WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
BayuINDOGamers
Re: AT-4 on a Helicopter

Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:57 am

himapapa wrote:That mod would overpower the helis by far. But thx for your idea. :)
Hmm, maybe it's not overpowered since AA gun can extremely fire at long range burst accurately, while Helis are lacking of accurate long range weaponry. Maybe you can make an experiment first wheter if it's good to use or not. (I'll join the test if you dont mind)

himapapa

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:14 am

BayuINDOGamers wrote:
himapapa wrote:That mod would overpower the helis by far. But thx for your idea. :)
Hmm, maybe it's not overpowered since AA gun can extremely fire at long range burst accurately, while Helis are lacking of accurate long range weaponry. Maybe you can make an experiment first wheter if it's good to use or not. (I'll join the test if you dont mind)

As you can imagine, we did a lot of testing to balance the map. First to mention here is mouz (aka Gandalf, our chiefmodder) and Rootil.
Due to this balancing AA guns very heavily modified: They are extrmely strong at short ranges from the bases (US AA in every base) at B there's always the "weaker" RUS AA.
It becomes quite clear, that giving helis that huge advantage, it would lead to a death-from-the-sky-scenario. Maybe funny for a few hours but not lasting.

BayuINDOGamers

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 am

IMO, both AA have equal firepower, range, and accuracy. Zeus AA can fire 6-burst gun that can make any chopper lose control & VADS can fire full automatic gun that can shread the chopper apart. In this case, the AA is too overpowered in term of range (if you know atacama desert rush, Hind can be shot down in their own base by VADS), so mounting a self-guided missile launcher from apache would be useful to counter their long range AA. (TBH, most of the player is really careless with Tracer dart, especially large maps)

himapapa

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:27 am

You may be right on vanilla maps.
As I said before, all balancing was done which lead to the current configuration. So there's no need to transfer changes from one of our mods to the other. :)

BayuINDOGamers

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 pm

I think it's true, but i have difficulties when playing on Air Madness : 1. The map is complicated (i cant play well on modded map)
2. The feature (i get confused when my chopper gone underground & self-destruct by itself)
3. The players (so little of them who know the server, i always join the server with no one inside :/ )

himapapa

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:55 pm

That's an other aspect. Maybe we will integrate that feauture in a complete different mod.

BayuINDOGamers

Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:06 pm

himapapa wrote:That's an other aspect. Maybe we will integrate that feauture in a complete different mod.
Allright, thanks for your answer.

mouz

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:11 pm

If helicopter had the guided rocket it would kill tanks easily, as well as everything else. Stationary AA can be nerfed to reduce it range. Modifying the attack helicopter would unbalance the game. If you're interested in hosting I might as well provide you the file, would be nice if you could get players to play on it

Return to “General Discussion”