WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Re: You want pictures? You get pictures!

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Alborz looks almost identical. In fact, it's one of the few maps I can agree blue tint makes it better. Also, Death Valley looks stunning with blue tint and stupid without. Check the B2K Maps without tint, those give out the best results :)

Professor.Oak

Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 pm

mizudg wrote:Alborz looks almost identical. In fact, it's one of the few maps I can agree blue tint makes it better. Also, Death Valley looks stunning with blue tint and stupid without. Check the B2K Maps without tint, those give out the best results :)

Except for Karkand. Looks really weird. It needs more of a brown tint, like the original.

Skip to 2:49. This guy knows how Karkand should look :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNeR-8vrNOs

neverhangover

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Professor.Oak wrote:
mizudg wrote:Alborz looks almost identical. In fact, it's one of the few maps I can agree blue tint makes it better. Also, Death Valley looks stunning with blue tint and stupid without. Check the B2K Maps without tint, those give out the best results :)

Except for Karkand. Looks really weird. It needs more of a brown tint, like the original.

Skip to 2:49. This guy knows how Karkand should look :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNeR-8vrNOs

I've seen this one multiple times. :D
On topic: Brown maybe, but not blue as the original. Wake Island and Strike at Karkand by DICE are vomit inducing.
But I would just leave it off for every map. Realism fits every environment. Even if you want a really desert kind of war scene, natural colors and lots of sand are enough to create a good atmosphere. Good example: Gulf of Oman without CC.
In the grand scheme of things, Color correction just seems like a lazy afterthought for creating a visual style..and if people fuck THAT up, (like DICE did) there's not much to say.

@mizudg

On Death Valley, yes, the blue tint makes it darker, but if you take it off, and modify skybox settings, you can make it dark again without everything being blue. I understand it is nice to look at for a wallpaper, or a screenshot, or a painting, but staring at a blue screen for hours (playing BF3 hihi) makes you tired of it pretty quickly. Anyway, if you want it on, you are free to do so on your server when the Open Beta launches. It is only my subjective opinion that it sucks. 8-)

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:14 pm

The latest update fixed the weird looking fonts:
There used to be a signature here.

Professor.Oak

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 am

It's been 14 days since the supposed launch of closed beta.

Kerrigan

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:22 am

Professor.Oak wrote:It's been 14 days since the supposed launch of closed beta.

It did launch. Just because you're not participating in it it doesn't mean that it didn't launch.

Interforce

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:33 am

Kerrigan wrote:

It did launch. Just because you're not participating in it it doesn't mean that it didn't launch.

"Harmonic Electricity and Giveaway keys are not redeemable yet, but will be within the next few days."

14 days are not "a few days"

mizudg

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:45 am

Yeah, I agree on that, but... hey, they're 2 guys working on fixing out issues in their projects... while also having personal lives. Maybe we need more pictures or videos to get us hyped more and around Harmonic X-mas, everyone will go crazy!

Nepz

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Good Job NoFaTe ! :)

faddn

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Play some BF3 then.

Return to “General Discussion”