WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
m0chil
Questions about VU(Again)

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Number 1:Can I use DLCs with an account that has no DLCs?
I have read somewhere here that although VU would require a BF3 license which can only be required for Origin,it would not check for DLC license.So if I copy the DLC files from my BF3 directory(Note:I legitly bought the DLCs) and pasted it over my brother's BF3 directory(which has NONE of the DLCs) can he play on VU servers running DLC maps?

MAGIC wrote:yes

Number 2: How will VU handle modifications?
Is it like BF2 where a mods folder will be created and we just paste the mod/mod folder into it or will it require some crazy sh*t?

kiwidog wrote:#2: Modifications are not yet final.

Yes, there will be mods, but all of the ways that you will be able to mod in VU has not been finalized. (aka, why modding support is disabled in cb)

Number 3:Will HighXP server be allowed?
Almost all players in the Battlefield 3 community are colonel,major or a general.And resetting their stats would be very heart breaking since some of them played for months/years for that rank,stuff and weapons.Atleast a fast way to rank up,maybe only availabe during Open Beta.

NoFaTe wrote:Q: Will HighXP servers be allowed?
A: HighXP servers will most likely not be allowed. However, we will be hosting several community events with higher XP modifiers.

Number 4:Will a wipe occur after Open Beta(therefore rendering the HighXP server suggested above useless)?
Pretty much self explanatory but lel.Would be a waste of investment in time again.

NoFaTe wrote:Q: Will a wipe occur after Open Beta (therefore rendering the HighXP server suggested above useless)?
A: No, stats will only be wiped after the completion of the Closed Beta.

Number 5:Will premium weapons be unlocked for everyone or do we need to earn them?
I have read a post of NoFate's saying that they do not want to discriminate players so they will give them the Premium Weapons too so do these weapons need to be unlocked or are they already unlocked?

NoFaTe wrote:Q: Will premium weapons be unlocked for everyone or do we need to earn them?
A: Premium unlocks are available to everyone.

Number 6:Will there be a friends system and coop in VU?
In the vanilla game,you needed Battlelog and Origin friends so you can effectively coop together. How is it gonna work out for VU? Same with Rome or more like Battlelog and Origin? Also about the coop, is it unlocked or will be unlocked later on?

NoFaTe wrote:Q: Will there be a friends system and coop in VU?
A: A friends system will be implemented at a later stage of development. Can't say the same about COOP.

Number 7:Can you switch between official and EA servers?Is the client made up of new files or is it just a dll?
Sometimes I may want to switch between servers and by doing so will not get banned by PB or GSC. In what form is the client that punkbuster will not detect and ban it?

NoFaTe wrote:Q: Can you switch between official and EA servers?Is the client made up of new files or is it just a dll?
A: If you launch your game from Battlelog/Origami, you will be playing on Official servers. If you launch the game from our launcher, you will be playing on our servers.

Number 8: How do we host servers? Could we just click a "Create a server" button inside the client or do we need server files?
Asking 'cause I have read posts that say the BF3 server files are useless because VU is not even an emulator at all.

AlexEe wrote:In order to host a server you need the official game files + our launcher. There is no information yet on how to create a server in detail.
There will be 4 provider statuses: Regular, Clan, Registered, and Official.

Each status has limitations on how many server you can run with. Official server hosters are able to host an infinite amount of servers. The higher the status the more servers you can host.

Source: viewtopic.php?p=35416#p35416

Notes
1.You can send me PMs if you want your question to be posted above so as not to make a clutter in the forums and whatnot
2.Admins/Mods as much as possible please do not lock/delete this thread because I/some players may need to add new questions
and can get reliable(?) answers.

Edit reasons
1.New questions
2.Cleaned up the look 'cause it looks like splattered cr*p
3.Added answers
Last edited by m0chil on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
Battlefield 1942,2,BC1,BC2,BF3 veteran.Check out my status at battlelog G4bb1 and bf3_rio

Get 10 posts :D
Get 20 posts :D
Get 30 posts :D
Get 50 posts :D
Get 100 posts

MAGIC

Re: Questions about VU(Again)

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:05 pm

m0chil wrote:Number 1: I have read somewhere here that although VU would require a BF3 license which can only be required for Origami,it would not check for DLC license.So if I copy the DLC files from my BF3 directory(Note:I legitly bought the DLCs) and pasted it over my brother's BF3 directory(which has NONE of the DLCs) can he play on VU servers running DLC maps?

yes

kiwidog

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:52 pm

#2: Modifications are not yet final.

Yes, there will be mods, but all of the ways that you will be able to mod in VU has not been finalized. (aka, why modding support is disabled in cb)
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

RobbingHood

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:55 pm

m0chil wrote:Number 2: How will VU handle modifications?Is it like BF2 where a mods folder will be created and we just paste the mod/mod folder into it or will it require some crazy sh*t?

Probably something linked to Rime, but don't quote me on this.

m0chil

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:33 am

BUMPITY BUMP! New questions!
Battlefield 1942,2,BC1,BC2,BF3 veteran.Check out my status at battlelog G4bb1 and bf3_rio

Get 10 posts :D
Get 20 posts :D
Get 30 posts :D
Get 50 posts :D
Get 100 posts

AlexEe

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:46 am

m0chil wrote:Number 8: How do we host servers? Could we just click a "Create a server" button inside the client or do we need server files?
Asking 'cause I have read posts that say the BF3 server files are useless because VU is not even an emulator at all.

In order to host a server you need the official game files + our launcher. There is no information yet on how to create a server in detail.
There will be 4 provider statuses: Regular, Clan, Registered, and Official.

Each status has limitations on how many server you can run with. Official server hosters are able to host an infinite amount of servers. The higher the status the more servers you can host.

Source: viewtopic.php?p=35416#p35416
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Q: Will HighXP servers be allowed?
A: HighXP servers will most likely not be allowed. However, we will be hosting several community events with higher XP modifiers.

Q: Will a wipe occur after Open Beta (therefore rendering the HighXP server suggested above useless)?
A: No, stats will only be wiped after the completion of the Closed Beta.

Q: Will premium weapons be unlocked for everyone or do we need to earn them?
A: Premium unlocks are available to everyone.

Q: Will there be a friends system and coop in VU?
A: A friends system will be implemented at a later stage of development. Can't say the same about COOP.

Q: Can you switch between official and EA servers?Is the client made up of new files or is it just a dll?
A: If you launch your game from Battlelog/Origin, you will be playing on Official servers. If you launch the game from our launcher, you will be playing on our servers.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

LionLuBu

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:39 am

what about bots/offlines LAN

Paulofonta

Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:42 am

LionLuBu wrote:what about bots/offlines LAN

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2932
VIII.

Return to “General Discussion”