WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
About inviting more players/YouTubers

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:14 pm

faddn wrote:A youtuber like Chris https://twitter.com/BattleNonSense should be given access if he don't allready have access.

Also, as far as I know, the only ones getting special treatment are DICE employees, but hey, they earned it for making the game. :lol:
Last edited by mizudg on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faddn

About inviting more people/YouTubers

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:29 pm

mizudg wrote:Also, as far as I know, the only ones getting special treatment are DICE employees, but hey, they earned it for making the game. :lol:

P.S. - Nice FPS Rodney :?

Giving it to youtubers can promote Venice for free. DICE empoyees will most likely not do that. It's a cheap way to get more players hyped and ready for the release.

If you get som big youtubers into the beta, you suddenly have a few hundred thousand people watching it, and some of those might join in when it's released.

I mentioned Chris, cause he is a brilliant guy who explain things to the masses and have been really helpful with the CTE.

TacTicToe

Re: You want pictures? You get pictures!

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:09 pm

They already have over 10k people signed up for the closed beta. They are only handing out a few hundred keys. I dont think we really need any more people. Just need to stress test the servers so we can move to open beta and then the release.
]Image

faddn

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:12 pm

TacTicToe wrote:They already have over 10k people signed up for the closed beta. They are only handing out a few hundred keys. I dont think we really need any more people. Just need to stress test the servers so we can move to open beta and then the release.

Not in the beta, but release. 10 000 is many, but most of them have moved on or forgoten it.
The beta is could just be a good way to get more people hyped and let people know what this really is.

AlexEe

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:16 pm

faddn wrote:Not in the beta, but release. 10 000 is many, but most of them have moved on or forgoten it.

There bad, if people who are no longer playing get a key, you can't do anything against it. This is just fair.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

faddn

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:27 pm

AlexEe wrote:
faddn wrote:Not in the beta, but release. 10 000 is many, but most of them have moved on or forgoten it.

There bad, if people who are no longer playing get a key, you can't do anything against it. This is just fair.

This was not my point. I want as many as possible to get into the game when they put it out to the public. Youtubers can help us on that. I want this to be a living community with no problem finding players to play against, finding servers/mods you like and maybe some e-sport as well, probably not big tournaments, but a some leagues on esl .

I hope that I'm not the only one that want this.

mizudg

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:43 pm

PC Gamer promoted EmulatorNexus in the past, as well as many other sites. YouTubers shouting out "Venice is great" doesn't really mean much. If people are looking for moddable and more liberated BF3, they needn't visit someone's channel. Although BF3-related channels may be a good idea, it still doesn't make sense to hype people for Open Beta when Closed Beta hasn't started for everybody (talking about those who are waiting on activating their keys). Now, we needn't derail this any further. If you want to prove your point, you can make a petition, or heck, even start a Poll, though in the end it's up to Nofate whether or not someone gets a key.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Currently there are still a lot of issues with the beta, it's still a really premature phase. It would be no good idea to let more people than necessary into the beta.

You can expect more for a later phase of the closed beta and the open beta.
There used to be a signature here.

Paulofonta

Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:59 pm

faddn wrote:Giving it to youtubers can promote Venice for free.

There's no point in promoting Venice at this stage. There's still much to be done, until the product can finally be shown. Right now, only the basic client and backend code is being tested and improved. It's worth promoting when features such as modding (wich actually makes a difference in this project) are available.

faddn

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:21 pm

mizudg wrote:PC Gamer promoted EmulatorNexus in the past.

Remember that one, not a single comment.

I think what a youtubers says means more than what PC-gamer says for alot of people.

I try to hype Venice when I have the chance on reddit or BL, few people seems to know what it is though, but when they learn what it is, they all get excited.

Paulofonta wrote:There's no point in promoting Venice at this stage. There's still much to be done, until the product can finally be shown. Right now, only the basic client and backend code is being tested and improved. It's worth promoting when features such as modding (wich actually makes a difference in this project) are available.

Don't think it hurts to get some advertising under the closed beta, we allready know what's comming, they can come back at the open beta and release as well. Many of these youtubers play battlefield for a living.

A game publisher doesn't start marketing their games in the last months, when everything is close to be finished.

Return to “General Discussion”