WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
CaptainESS
Re: COD AW needs 55GB space and 6GB ram

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:It seems clear to me that AW is mainly an attempt by Activision to prevent Titanfall from eclipsing CoD.
After Activision shafted Zampella & West, they had good reason to be afraid that the duo would utterly destroy CoD with a competing franchise. When you look at it in that context, the similarities that AW has with Titanfall are pretty obvious.

The only mystery to me is why Zampella didn't actually make a direct competitor to CoD. I guess he figured he was going to get a fat paycheck no matter what so he didn't care about killing it after all. :P

COD is in its weakest now. History repeats itself. One great game comes, everyone loves it, everyone plays it for countless hours. Then that great game becomes too popular, people start to get bored of it, they start to hate it. Eventually a new great game comes and takes the throne and all those have happened happens again. The old king has two options; continue to live as an old time legend or get lost in history. This chain is started by Halo, passed up to COD. Now all we need is a new king.
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

TacTicToe

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:It seems clear to me that AW is mainly an attempt by Activision to prevent Titanfall from eclipsing CoD.
After Activision shafted Zampella & West, they had good reason to be afraid that the duo would utterly destroy CoD with a competing franchise. When you look at it in that context, the similarities that AW has with Titanfall are pretty obvious.

Titanfall is an epic fail for all the reasons I predicted it would be in the Titanfall forums. I don't think Activi$ion is all that worried about Respawn. With the problems that has plagued Titanfall since its release, I don't see any future releases doing nearly as well. They will end up bankrupt and gone with the next couple of years.

I think the only thing that would get me to buy this game is the announcement of WareFareNexus. When NoFate steps up to make a mod that creates dedicated servers that we can host and run ourselves, I am so there, and Activi$ion profits.
]Image

Bruce Lee

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:35 pm

TacTicToe wrote:

The only mystery to me is why Zampella didn't actually make a direct competitor to CoD. I guess he figured he was going to get a fat paycheck no matter what so he didn't care about killing it after all. :P

Titanfall is an epic fail for all the reasons I predicted it would be in the Titanfall forums. I don't think Activi$ion is all that worried about Respawn. With the problems that has plagued Titanfall since its release, I don't see any future releases doing nearly as well. They will end up bankrupt and gone with the next couple of years.

I think the only thing that would get me to buy this game is the announcement of WareFareNexus. When NoFate steps up to make a mod that creates dedicated servers that we can host and run ourselves, I am so there, and Activi$ion profits.

You seem to have completely missed the point. :?
I assume you realize that games can take years to make? Activision was forced to commit to the direction AW would take while Titanfall was still in development and there was good reason to believe that Zampella & West would be on the warpath to destroy CoD since they had the expertise, financial backing, and motive to do it. The fact that Zampella didn't actually make a direct competitor to CoD just turned out to be a hilariously incriminating miscalculation on the part of Activision since its obvious that they were trying to counter him by making a futuristic game themselves.

CaptainESS wrote:...Now all we need is a new king.

All hail the new king! All hail VU! :P
(I don't even care if it has modding. As long as it has 1st person spectator mode it will automatically be 100% superior to vanilla BF3.)
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

TacTicToe

Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:57 pm

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/21/dedicat ... d-warfare/

Whatever this ends up meaning....

Titanfail redux?
]Image

Bruce Lee

Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:26 pm

TacTicToe wrote:http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/21/dedicated-servers-confirmed-for-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/

Whatever this ends up meaning....

Titanfail redux?

Basically, although I don't think M$ would label Titanfall as a failure since its main purpose was to boost xbone sales and it was very successful in doing that. You have to keep in mind that Zampella signed a contract with M$ to make Titanfall an xbone exclusive (i.e. no PS4 version) so his primary goal was not to produce a game that had huge sales. Obviously if the game sold well it would have been great but that wasn't his main concern. If selling huge numbers was actually what he wanted to accomplish he could have easily made a CoD-killer since he created CoD in the first place.

I suspect that Zampella & EA are laughing themselves silly as they have watched Activision desperately trying to thwart a feared CoD-killer that never materialized. :P
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

zesty

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:27 am

I preordered the game long time ago.
Anyone wanna bite?

mizudg

Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:23 am

"I don't have money for all the new games" - Zesty 20?? - 2014 and ongoing.

zesty

Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:41 pm

mizudg wrote:"I don't have money for all the new games" - Zesty 20?? - 2014 and ongoing.

Well, I never said that :D

AlexEe

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:09 pm

We have this topic every year, don't we?

to make it short, I'm not going to buy it and I'm not going to play it. I'm done with flaming Activision year after year, and would be ashamed to even support entertainment conglomerates like ACTA (no typo this time) by buying it. Activision, give me a refund for Current Warfare 3th and I may consider buying cod again one day.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

Kerrigan

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Imho after playing Black Ops 2 for some time it's one of the best CoDs after MW 1. MW 2 was also decent but BO 2 is indeed a nice game. Well Zombies are overused now but the campaign has non-linear elements and there are many factions in the multiplayer. Also a ton of customization stuff is available in MP and it features bots.

All in all its nice.

Return to “Game Discussion”