WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Bruce Lee
Re: COD AW needs 55GB space and 6GB ram

Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:59 pm

AlexEe wrote:We have this topic every year, don't we?

Is there really a thread every year about Activision firing the creator of CoD and then copying his new game because they are afraid he is going to kill the franchise? :P (Just kidding, I know what you meant.)

Actually, I think Zampella was just using Titanfall as a pilot project to get his studio going and to work out the bugs in his new game engine. Unless he has an agreement with EA that would prevent it, there is a very real possibility that he might release the dreaded CoD-killer as his next game. Only time will tell I guess.

Kerrigan wrote:Imho after playing Black Ops 2 for some time it's one of the best CoDs after MW 1. MW 2 was also decent but BO 2 is indeed a nice game. Well Zombies are overused now but the campaign has non-linear elements and there are many factions in the multiplayer. Also a ton of customization stuff is available in MP and it features bots.

All in all its nice.

I pretty much lost interest in the series after CoD4 and I rarely play that anymore. BO2 does look pretty good though, especially the singleplayer.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

Kerrigan

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:27 am

Bruce Lee wrote:I pretty much lost interest in the series after CoD4 and I rarely play that anymore. BO2 does look pretty good though, especially the singleplayer.

Imo it's unplayable on Steam. Too many VAC-undetected cheats nowadays. When one CoD looses it's official support the cheaters start flooding in. See MW3 with those teleport cheats etc.

But those community projects floating around make it actually enjoyable again.
Modding was and still is the key to a good game in the end even after the end of official development support.

zesty

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:52 am

I'd highly rate the game after finishing campaign and some rounds of multiplay. It feels really different from the old titles, and those new blood for an old game is quite a good thing.

CaptainESS

Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Optimization of this game is surprisingly good. I benchmarked the first sp mission.
CPU: FX8350
GPU: HD7950
8GB Ram
Ultra settings, 2x super sampling
min: 54 fps
max: 90 fps
avg: 72 fps

It was like 45fps average with lots of fps drops in Ghosts. Basically if you can run Black Ops 2 you will probably run this one too.
Facepalm is the greatest answer.

MindFreak1987

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm

what the actual..
55GB i have a feel that future games are going to need even more space :o
Moje je srce hotel Nacional, u njemu soba, nema im broja, za svaku moju ljubav po jedna, a do te svake po jedna tvoja.

Return to “Game Discussion”