WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.

As the title says..

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 22
Bruce Lee
Poll: Will You Stop Playing Rome When Venice Is Available?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 am

I have been playing Nexus BC2 for about a year & 1/2 now (and EA pb servers before that), and have noticed that the server population has shrunken to almost nothing lately.

I was just curious to see if most people are planning to abandon BC2 altogether when VU comes out.
Last edited by Kerrigan on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added poll (requested)
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

AlexEe

Re: Poll: Will You Stop Playing Rome When Venice Is Availabl

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 am

so, the poll is where?
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

Bruce Lee

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:01 am

AlexEe wrote:so, the poll is where?

Unless a kind admin adds a poll ticker ;) you will just have to give your vote in your post, lol.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

mizudg

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 am

For future reference, when you're making a thread, you can choose to add a poll with the Poll Creation tab bellow the white box. Also, you can always edit the first post of a thread if you're its owner to add a Poll. I've tried it back when organizing community events.

P.S. - On-topic, I haven't stopped playing BC2 to this day eventhough I have BF3 and 4. What gives me adequate reason to leave for permanent? I even go back to BF2 ever so now and then. I'd probably play Venice more than I play BF3 but I'm not really concentrated on Battlefield titles lately (been playing dota 2, csgo, ac, etc).

SylarTL

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 am

What mizu said.
Last edited by SylarTL on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kerrigan

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:15 am

mizudg wrote:
P.S. - On-topic, I haven't stopped playing BC2 to this day eventhough I have BF3 and 4. What gives me adequate reason to leave for permanent? I even go back to BF2 ever so now and then. I'd probably play Venice more than I play BF3 but I'm not really concentrated on Bettlefold titles lately (been playing dota 2, csgo, ac, etc).

This sums it up pretty much.

I will certainly stop playing BF3 on BLog since Venice Unleashed is an upgraded version of BF3 with extended functionality.

But every game has it pros and cons.

I even play BF2 aswell from time to time since it got more factions than BF3/BF4/BC2 and more modding capabilites and an emulated stats-system by BF2Statistics. BC2 got it's own charme and BF4 has a shitload of Gadgets and customization features.

No to the poll, but yes to "VU will replace original BF3" for me. Same goes for BF4, if there ever a WU should exist.

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 am

Kerrigan wrote:Same goes for BF4, if there ever a WU should exist.

;)
There used to be a signature here.

aXeSwY

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Due to the fact that ROME in cheat land , most peoples will do even the vote say something else

Bruce Lee

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:30 am

aXeSwY wrote:Due to the fact that ROME in cheat land , most peoples will do even the vote say something else

That is actually a very crucial point that I hadn't considered. Proper spectating is the main reason I occasionally play COD4 once in a while. After playing BF games exclusively for a long period of time you almost forget what a glaring omission it is to lack spectator mode.

If VU has real spectator mode then anybody with an aimbot, wallhack, no-recoil or any other hack with obvious visual signs will get banned instantly. Instead of the silly nonsense that goes on in BC2 with pretend admins banning supposed hackers with no proof, VU will be able to have REAL admins with REAL cheater demos for proof. Furthermore, if spectator mode is open to any player like in COD4, then players themselves will be able to check others they suspect and even record a cheater demo to upload for review by server admins. (Wow, that kind of squeaky clean game is such a distant memory that its almost forgotten.) In short, if VU has proper spectating then anybody with any sense at all will switch from vanilla BF3 to the completely hack-free VU.

I think the only reason people tolerate the lack of cheat protection (i.e. no spectator mode) in BC2 is because there isn't a better alternative for them to play. If VU has actual spectator mode then it will be vastly superior to BC2 with regards to gameplay integrity and not just graphically. If that is the choice people are presented with, then I think you are very likely to be correct that they will switch away from BC2.

Oh well. If I have learned anything in life it is that nothing lasts forever.
BFBC2 could have, would have, should have been great but it was produced by a shoddy dev and a greedy publisher and they ruined it because they were trying to make a cash cow like COD instead of a great game.

P.S. I guess I better start polishing up my BF3 skills eh? :P

Return to “Random Discussion”