WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
SeekaX
Servername = PC name

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:20 pm

I can't get the server to read the server options, it keeps naming it like the name of my PC.

As you can see, everything is in its right place. I've got no idea why it won't read the configuration file.
I am using the .bat file to start the server.

/edit
I fixed it. In the .bat file was a space after the bc2. I didn't edit the .bat file, so that must have been a little mistake by whoever uploaded it. I also had to put the instances folder into the bin folder for the server to recognize it.

-serverInstancePath "instances\%instancefolder%"

I wondered how the .exe was supposed to find that folder if it wasn't in the bin folder.

Also the ServerOptions.ini was broken in the link provided in the tutorial, there are spaces before and after the equal signs.

aXeSwY

Re: Servername = PC name

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:12 pm

This could help

You see the file name [serveroption.ini] Yeah that file

In the line where it say Name={server name} put the name there like this

Code: Select all

Name=MyBFBC2Server

mizudg

Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Axes <3

SeekaX

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:01 pm

aXeSwY wrote:This could help

You see the file name [serveroption.ini] Yeah that file

In the line where it say Name={server name} put the name there like this

Code: Select all

Name=MyBFBC2Server

I already fixed it. I also think that video is quite out of date, no instances folder etc..

AlexEe

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:09 am

SeekaX wrote:I already fixed it. I also think that video is quite out of date, no instances folder etc..

sure it has: http://youtu.be/t5Mri2-WnmQ?t=7m1s
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

mizudg

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:18 am

I don't think the Instances are needed. The video is indeed out of date but the method continues to be the same to this day and I always update the description to the latest possible version. If you want more control over your server, just use BC2CC or PRoCon. I Have a video on that too, if you're interested.

SeekaX

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:13 pm

AlexEe wrote:
SeekaX wrote:I already fixed it. I also think that video is quite out of date, no instances folder etc..

sure it has: http://youtu.be/t5Mri2-WnmQ?t=7m1s

That is the instance folder. There is an instances folder, the instance folder is obsolete as far as i can tell.

mizudg wrote:I don't think the Instances are needed. The video is indeed out of date but the method continues to be the same to this day and I always update the description to the latest possible version. If you want more control over your server, just use BC2CC or PRoCon. I Have a video on that too, if you're interested.

Well since my problem had to do with some mistakes in the provided files i don't think your video could've helped. But in general you are right, there hasn't changed much. I don't even know why the current build doesn't use the instance folder anymore, it seems to be pretty much the same. The only thing i can imagine is that there will be a tool to start both a rome and a venice server, which would require different instance folders.
I couldn't connect via procon for the same reasons that named my server after my PC, but it's all good now. Thanks for the offer though. The only thing which might turn out to be a bit tricky is getting the server on our linux host, but CactusPie provided a nice tutorial, so i hope everything goes smooth from now on.

MAGIC

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 pm

SeekaX wrote:That is the instance folder. There is an instances folder, the instance folder is obsolete as far as i can tell.

I only put the instance folder in another dir since it's easier to handle more servers (with different startup files) with that folderstructure

SeekaX

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:35 pm

MAGIC wrote:
SeekaX wrote:That is the instance folder. There is an instances folder, the instance folder is obsolete as far as i can tell.

I only put the instance folder in another dir since it's easier to handle more servers (with different startup files) with that folderstructure

Close enough. It does make sense though.
Maybe someone should fix the folder provided in the tutorial though, a lot of people probably wouldn't check the config file for misplaced spaces. Well, the tutorial in general is a bit unclear, maybe i'll write a new one and upload the fixed files myself.

Return to “Help and Support”