WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Spaz-nz
How to make server more stable to backend?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:16 am

I run a couple of servers and they generally run perfect. The only issue i ever have with them is when there is a loss of connectivity to the backend which in turn kicks all players out of the server. Looking at the log the server usually regains the connection to the backend within a minute and runs fine again (though no players because they have all been kicked).

Is there any way to help resolve this issue? I.e update to the backend more often or at a different frequency? - I am not familiar with how it all works so sorry if this is a stupid question!

Thanks

Kerrigan

Re: How to make server more stable to backend?

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Get a better internet connection for your servers (though i presume you are using a hosting service).

Then i would recommend that you keep in mind that BFBC2 is still based on a Plasma and Theater emulator which are "emulators" and far away from the original handling capability which is offered by the real backend servers.

MAGIC

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Which OS do you running? Had that with Linux once

Spaz-nz

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks Guys

Yes server is hosted and running Windows server.
It doesnt happen all the time so not a biggy, was just curious to see if i could improve it.

Thanks heaps

Return to “Help and Support”