WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
bot300
Is there any mod to lower the gpu usage of bfbc2???

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 pm

I have tried to search this in forums and faqs but have not found any help.
1. If I host a server at my home to play with my friends or other people around me, Can I install some mod on server to enhance fps of players???
(((This is possible with cod servers)))
2. Or is there some mod to be installed in my game to lower the gpu load and increase my fps?? For example by turning off shadows, specular map, etc....

mizudg

Re: Is there any mod to lower the gpu usage of bfbc2???

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:51 pm

bot300 wrote:I have tried to search this in forums and faqs but have not found any help.
1. If I host a server at my home to play with my friends or other people around me, Can I install some mod on server to enhance fps of players???
(((This is possible with cod servers)))
2. Or is there some mod to be installed in my game to lower the gpu load and increase my fps?? For example by turning off shadows, specular map, etc....

There is a mod tool that allows you to play around with settings but that's all you'll get. You simply cant force better performance on other players and if they can't handle BC2, they shouldn't think of playing it in the first place. Best upgrade the PC first and then move on to the more consuming games.

bot300

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:52 am

mizudg wrote:There is a mod tool that allows you to play around with settings

What is the name of that mod tool? Where can I download that?
Does that enable turning off shadows, specular map etc..?

mizudg wrote: if they can't handle BC2, they shouldn't think of playing it

Let me tell you that bfbc2 is so poorly programmed that it gives low fps on those systems which can run bf3 and cod bo 2 at higher fps

mizudg

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:32 am

Just look it up on Moddb in the Bad Company 2 Mods section. As for the optimization... Bad Company 2 delivers 60 stable fps regardless of what's happening on-screen for me while BF3 sometimes drops to 35-45 fps from the VSynced 60 whenever a huge explosion or something like that happens. So tell me, how do I play BC2 on all high with VSync, HBAO ON and 32x CQAA anti-aliasing but I can only run BF3 on Medium-High mixed settings? Clearly, BF3 isnt as well optimized for AMD processors

bot300

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:22 pm

mizudg wrote:Clearly, BF3 isnt as well optimized for AMD processors

Sorry I missed one sentence. I have performed various tests to check performance of bf3 and bfbc2 on intel sandy bridge processors. And Bf3 ran smoothly on same system if compared to bfbc2. Although bf3 has greater hunger for resources but it utilises them more efficiently...

RobbingHood

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:38 pm

^ True that.
BF3 runs way better on my system (AMD btw) than BC2 does, regardless what settings I use.

Return to “Help and Support”