WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
BlackGull
Haaaaaaalp again :(

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:19 pm

I need help again with the server xD

http://imgur.com/Ojiu4rr

RobbingHood

Re: Haaaaaaalp again :(

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Seems you messed up some paths there... Check in which directories you placed the files (especially the main server .exe)

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:08 pm

I think I know what batch file that is, it seems to from some kit to quickly start up a few servers.

So here is what I have to say about that:
  1. You didn't read the (most likely simple) instructions
  2. You didn't use common sense and moved the file somewhere else rendering it defunct
  3. You are missing some files likely because of 1

Judging from your previous posts you have had issues with bfbc2 servers in the past. Do the serverfiles work if you just start the .exe at all?

Also I like this quote from IRC, even though it's unoriginal:
RobbingHood wrote:Instructions not clear, dick stuck in floppy drive

I'm sorry I'm a bit pissed right now after trying to help retards again and this just looks like you weren't even /trying/ to fix it/think for yourself
There used to be a signature here.

BlackGull

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:29 am

Instructions:
Create a folder called BFBC2 Server or similar at a location of your choice
In that folder, create folders called bin and instances (if you plan to use B3, also create a folder called b3)
Download our client hook and extract dinput8.dll from the archive (NexusBF.bXXX.zip) into the bin folder
Get a fresh instances folder and extract the content into the instances folder you created in step 1
After that you can modify the ServerOptions.ini file (in the instances folder, again) to change the name of the server, the remote administration password and configure other options. If you want to run your server in Vietnam mode, uncomment the last two lines (i.e. remove the #)
Now download the StartServer.bat and place it in the root folder (where the bin and instances folders are)

These instructions were so clear I had to ask the rabbit where to put the files from the .zip file.
And yes the files work if I start them with the .exe

http://imgur.com/61a7jwE
Heres all the files in the server folder.
So go and list everything wrong...

Rodney

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:08 am

BlackGull wrote:
Instructions:
Create a folder called BFBC2 Server or similar at a location of your choice
In that folder, create folders called bin and instances (if you plan to use B3, also create a folder called b3)
Download our client hook and extract dinput8.dll from the archive (NexusBF.bXXX.zip) into the bin folder
Get a fresh instances folder and extract the content into the instances folder you created in step 1
After that you can modify the ServerOptions.ini file (in the instances folder, again) to change the name of the server, the remote administration password and configure other options. If you want to run your server in Vietnam mode, uncomment the last two lines (i.e. remove the #)
Now download the StartServer.bat and place it in the root folder (where the bin and instances folders are)

These instructions were so clear I had to ask the rabbit where to put the files from the .zip file.
And yes the files work if I start them with the .exe

http://imgur.com/61a7jwE
Heres all the files in the server folder.
So go and list everything wrong...

Here we go:
  1. The folder for instances should be called "instances" not "instance"
  2. The server files (the .exe etc.) belong into the bin folder
  3. You can delete the b3 folder if it's empty and you don't plan to use b3

Bonus: you have a folder called "le games" which is neither correct english nor french, so probably just a dumb meme reference. I think that's wrong :p

BlackGull

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:18 am

So you're saying my server folder has to be like this?

http://imgur.com/gRUAIp4

Kerrigan

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 am

Post an image of your batch-file.. The error in the cmd clearly says that your paths are wrong.

Also i'm about to lock your request since i see a Favorite called "Torrent Downloads". We don't condone any form of piracy.

@Rodney afaik the Instances-folder was called Instance. At least my server Folder contains "Instance" and it works like a charm.

BlackGull

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:50 am

Post an image of your batch-file.. The error in the cmd clearly says that your paths are wrong.

Im sorry but i dont understand you clearly.

Also i'm about to lock your request since i see a Favorite called "Torrent Downloads". We don't condone any form of piracy.

Not all torrents are illegal...

Rodney

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:26 am

Kerrigan wrote:Post an image of your batch-file.. The error in the cmd clearly says that your paths are wrong.

Or even better, post it on pastebin or whatever and just share the link.
Kerrigan wrote:@Rodney afaik the Instances-folder was called Instance. At least my server Folder contains "Instance" and it works like a charm.

You can call it whatever you want, you actually supply the name in the startup Parameters, in fact it can be on a different drive/network storage/server if you'd want to do that :p
But the instructions he posted said it should be named "instances" so that's why I said that.
BlackGull wrote:So you're saying my server folder has to be like this?

No, put all of your server files in the bin folder, not just the executables and dlls.

BlackGull

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:14 am

Great.
Now its not picking up the server name and instead shows my PC name...

Return to “Help and Support”