WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Radwan_The_Black_Eagle
More than three months and no key

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:52 pm

OK. This is not fair.

Its been more than three months and there is no key sent to me.

Why ?
The Cake Is A Lie

TacTicToe

Re: More than three months and no key

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:09 am

LOL I waited over a year, and youre crying about a few months!??1?

ROFLMAO
]Image

Radwan_The_Black_Eagle

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 am

TacTicToe wrote:LOL I waited over a year, and youre crying about a few months!??1?

ROFLMAO

I mean after the release of closed beta .. not before the release

Before the release I waited about 2 or 3 years
The Cake Is A Lie

mizudg

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:58 am

Where's your guarantee that you will get a code anyway? There were ~10000 who applied and when the first wave was being sent out, they chose people with more activity on IRC/Forums, as they said they would be picking those.

Tepoo

Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:11 pm

mizudg wrote:Where's your guarantee that you will get a code anyway? There were ~10000 who applied and when the first wave was being sent out, they chose people with more activity on IRC/Forums, as they said they would be picking those.

i totaly agree with you that there is no guarantee to get a key, but choosen the people by its activity is for such a project the wrong way.

i can speak for myself, i am interested in the possiblity to write own mods via C# implementation on venice, but why should i take part on the activity of this forum, if i dont have a key to test the product, see the product or at least know what the current state is. I would just be able to post comments on general topics or off-topics. and posting things like "Oh yeah, this is so great" or creating topics with theories are a waste of time in my opinion. i prefer to spend my time on usefull things. writing mods, writing topics about it, writing guides to teach others how to write mods.

and if my "inactivity" means that i will never get a key, im fine with this, but then the devs should think about if they prefer to have tons of players who just wanna play, or if they want people who realy want to contribute something to the scene which evolve this scene in a certain grade.

Kind regards
Tepoo

mizudg

Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Actually, it's not just the forums. Although I stopped caring for the IRC since I have most of the people on the forums on my Steam list, there was a way to get a code through it. Harmonic Electricity, if you're not familiar. If you wrote that down in the chat, you would get a "special code" that later on was used as a VU Key. Just not your time I guess. Also, if you would like to make mods, then having access to VU doesn't really change much. Mods will be added later on. So far the CB is used just for testing and fixing, as well as messing around. The idea for the Open Beta is to stress test the servers, and maybe by then, Kiwi would have Rime in a working condition for everyone. So yeah, I have access to VU, but I don't have access to Rime, nor to hosting a server (yet). As both NF and Kiwi specified, those features will be added later on. As far as TicTacToe, I feel really sorry for ya', bud.. heck, you can have my spare. I'll PM you, check your inbox.

Tepoo

Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:13 am

thanks for clearing this up mizu,

as i already said, i'm fine with it so far, and i don't think this will change, as its my general opinion.
if its currently not even possible to write mods / use the interface, i even more fine with it ^^

i like to play BF3, but i would be bored if i would not be able to work on what i am really interested in on this project.

Kind regards
Tepoo

morphicsn0w

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:58 am

I feel your pain buddy, I've been following this project for at least a year now, and even after making suggestions and what-not under another account, still nothing. It's a shame because I (And others I'm sure) would love to try this out and further help with development. I have honestly been checking my inbox on an almost daily basis, just hoping I would have a key, but as of yet, no luck. :/ Hopefully more will be sent out soon, just a shame I am unable to try this as of yet.

AlexEe

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:44 am

Guys you can believe me, there isn't much yet you would be interested in. Fine, a Menu with a cool UI. But that's all. The game mechanics are the same, but no one is playing. Mod support is only server-side and we are not able to host own servers (yet).
Edit: So what do you actually expect from the closed beta?
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

mizudg

Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:59 am

The real question is, what did people expect from Closed Beta indeed. There's a huge difference between CB and official release. Open Beta will be used to stress test servers. And as far as progress, they're still fixing a lot of stuff including spectator and server-side mods and settings. Just play regular BF3, because really, there is 0 difference from it atm unless Kiwi is messing around testing on one of the servers (which doesn't happen very often).

Return to “Help and Support”